GHS Posters and Pictogram Stickers

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
lab-woman
State/Location: NSW

GHS Posters and Pictogram Stickers

Post by lab-woman »

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know where I can purchase some GHS Posters and the little pictogram stickers for our chemical containers and dropper bottles etc. Ive tried to find them but am having no luck. Im planning on putting a poster in each lab, so the students and teachers get to know these new symbols and what they mean.

Apparently every chemical in your store room and every dropper bottle must be re-labelled with these GHS compliant labels by jan 1 2017. This is everyone, not just private schools. DEC schools too.

Big job ahead for everyone.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Re: GHS Posters and Pictogram Stickers

Post by Merilyn1 »

I've bought the GHS labels from two suppliers, but I can't remember which ones - try Serrata, Westlab or Science supply Aust.

Look on the Workcover website for a poster. If they don't have a specific poster, there are tables in the "labelling of workplace hazardous chemicals code of practice", also available on the Workcover website. You could then print these in A3 and laminate them. This should be clear enough for people to read (if they care).
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

I have downloaded them and just copy and paste them when I want them..
Prima
Job Title: Lab assistant

Post by Prima »

I have not had any luck finding GHS posters. A3 printouts, although useful, are still pretty difficult to read. I can't find anything anywhere - Safework NSW, Safework Australia, ASET, Comcare, WorkCover - as well as all the usual suppliers... Can anyone send me in the right direction?
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Try Seton the safety people, I do believe they have larger signs. Ask a neighbour hood school if you can photo copy one they have. Serrata, Westlab etc must have them its law. Ask at your next network meeting if any one has any, in 2017 we had lots given to us, I feel sure some one would let you photo copy theres.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub: