New Data Loggers

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
LAZZA
State/Location: NSW

New Data Loggers

Post by LAZZA »

Has anyone recently ordered any of the new data loggers for their schools? I am looking at Serrata, West Lab and Scientrific at the moment. If you have been using them, can you please send me some feedback? They cost a lot of money, so it would be good to know first hand which one would be worth to go with. I've already got Serrata and possibly Scientrific to come to the school to do demos for the teachers, but it would still be good to know if the data loggers perform well during the actual prac okay [-o<
Thanks,
Lazza
LAZZA
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Re: New Data Loggers

Post by Merilyn1 »

We have the Vernier data loggers here. They don't get used a great deal but get no complaints when they are used.
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

We bought Vernier from Scientrific. Their after service has been faultless, and the data loggers are what we needed. I am gradually adding to my repertoire of probes each year. As our students all have a laptop, if we bought the LoggerPro software, and our Seniors have it loaded onto their computers. This means that they can download and work with their data at home etc.
Cheers, K 8-)
dss8386
Job Title: Laboratory Assistant
School: St. Augustines College
Suburb: Cairns
State/Location: QLD

Post by dss8386 »

I agree with smiley,

We use Vernier and scientrific have been great. They have even come to Cairns and held a PD for the teachers. Hardly any issues and the dataloggers are sturdy and strong, great for outdoors. You can hook them straight up to a laptop which means you can bypass using a datalogger if they are all being used.

My previous school had pasco, I found them to feel cheaply made and I spent hours trying to get the DO sensor to work. Which it never did!! There was always an issue with pasco. Our verniers cop a fair bit (being a all boys school) and never had a major issue apart from boys breaking the bulb sensor on the pH meter.

Dave
LAZZA

Post by LAZZA »

Wow That's Amazing Feedback...Thank You Merilyn, Smiley and Dave. We have booked in Scientrific to come down and do a demo for the teachers at the school. I will be there as well on that day. Soo Excited. Thanks So Much...
LAZZA
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

Hi Everyone,

I know this is an old topic but after some advice, is anyone using Neulog or everyone happy with vernier? If so what package do you purchase?

Thanks in advance
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

Have a look at what Logical Interface have to offer. We have to purchase data loggers here, and the teacher is happy to consider other options than the Vernier. She isn't overly enamored with the Vernier and wants to see what other brands can offer.