Dynaflow Fume Cupboards

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
cactus155
Job Title: Laboratory Guru
School: Claremont College
Suburb: Claremont
State/Location: TAS

Dynaflow Fume Cupboards

Post by cactus155 »

Does anyone have any instructions for Dynaflow 1200SCH Fume cupboards as a student has done something to one of them here and somehow has isolated all the services and I cannot figure out how to reset the fume cupboard so it actually works.
Thanks in advance
laurena grieger
State/Location: SA

Re: Dynaflow Fume Cupboards

Post by laurena grieger »

I would put in a request for it to be looked at, especially if a student has been playing around with the fume cupboard. It should be looked at and signed off to say that it is safe for use.
Rita
State/Location: NSW

Post by Rita »

Hi Andrew

We have a Dynaflow: Dynasafe Control System MK3

Emergency Isolator: is a means by which the operator can manually isolate the services being used inside the fume cupboard. The operation simply presses the mushroom headed button. The button can be reset by twisting the button head clockwise.

Good luck
Rita
cactus155

Post by cactus155 »

Thanks to both of you so far.
Rita, I checked the emergency isolator and reset the button but to no avail. I watched what the student did and they pressed a combination of the buttons on the panel and then the alarm started sounding. I have even switched off the power at the switchboard and that did not do anything either. Maybe it will be a call to the service people unless someone at work has the manual for the fume cupboards, I have something that has a handwritten note on it that it is about the fume cupboards but to me it seems like a manual for a motor of some type. Will let you know how I go.
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

Have you tried pressing the alarm/mute, the reset and the screen/F5 all at the same time and keep holding down until the "lab technician's escape" comes up on the screen. It is worth a try.
Lyn.
cactus155

Post by cactus155 »

Thanks everyone I asked an electrician who was on site as part of the BER stuff and he called someone from the company who installed them and they figured out a way to reset it.
Thanks again
Rita
State/Location: NSW

Post by Rita »

Did you write down what was done? Might come in handy another time.....for us instead! :-)