Safety glasses storage

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
CC
Job Title: Labbie
School: Goulburn High School
Suburb: Goulburn
State/Location: NSW

Safety glasses storage

Post by CC »

Hi all, just a quick question. I'm looking for storage hangers for my safety glasses. They are cloth hangers with pockets in them, I have seen them advertised but I can't find the flyers now, I've put them somewhere safe :whistling2: .
If anybody has these flyers or knows where I can buy them please let me know.

CC
vlclabbie
Job Title: Lab Chick
Suburb: Albury

Re: Safety glasses storage

Post by vlclabbie »

Sorry CC - I've just been through this & we ended up buying plastic containers because I couldn't find any!

You're doing better than me - at least you've seen them on a flyer!

Good luck! :thumbup:
judygee

Post by judygee »

Dear CC - We purchased some this year from Westlab. Freecall: 1800 358 101 e-mail: sales@westlab.com.au They were not cheap ($59 each) however they are made of a thick dark blue material and have thirty pockets for the storage of safety glasses. We bought four, one for each lab. They look like they will wear well and of course can be washed. They come with a few hooks so you can put them up yourself. We had used plastic shoe storage racks in the past but they eventually tear and look very tatty. The Product Code is: 101918 - 0030 : Safety Glasses Rack. Cheers . Judy
CC
Job Title: Labbie
School: Goulburn High School
Suburb: Goulburn

Post by CC »

Thanks for that info guys, i'll take it to the HOD and he can make a decision.

CC
presto2
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Gorokan High School
Suburb: Lakehaven

Post by presto2 »

Hi
We purchased oz tag holders ( they hold the strips of material for oz tag ) from a catolugue that P E had. They are perfect for holding 30 safety glasses and I think they are about $18-00.
Mary :clap3:
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

Hi everyone, just wondering what you all do for safety glasses storage, at the moment ours are in boxes under teachers benches. They have become scratched so we are replacing. I've been looking at the wall racks (wooden) with individual storage for 30 is there anyone using these?

Thanks
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

We use those. The glasses still scratch because kids store them on their lenses. You'd think common sense would dictate that you store them on their arms but no...
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College
State/Location: WA

Post by Jen1 »

we too use the wooden wall racks and while we do get some scratching, it is a lot less than when we had them in a box. The racks make it easy to see if any are missing too
dime

Post by dime »

Yep we use the wooden boxes too. Easy to see how many are missing. The box itself can be then stored in a cupboard if necessary.