books!

non-commercial, thanks.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

books!

Post by RosalieM »

Someone was wanting Elements of Chemistry 1 and 2 a while back... did you end up getting the number you required? We have some here.

We also have some other books we'd be happy to give away. We had a clean out late last year and early this year. I tried to stop the teachers throwing the books in the bin knowing some people here might want them (and if not then yes, I would have let them be thrown out!) but they still filled up a wheelie bin :cry2: :club: :cry: so I'll make up a list of the ones I managed to save and post it here when I get a chance. In the mean time if anyone is looking for something, ask and I'll have a look for you :)
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Re: books!

Post by smiley »

I'd love a copy each for me!!

Can I pay the postage on them? How many do you have? We still do some of the classic experiments out of them.
Cheers, K 8-)
ri

Post by ri »

Hi Rosalie,
would you happen to have an out-of-print TAFE book dealing with computer servicing 2003??
~Robyn
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Sorry Ri, nothing in the computer department... but Smiley I'd be happy to send you one of each. I'm pretty sure we still have a class set of each volume. I guess sending them COD is the easiest option but if you have another suggestion I'm open to it. PM me your postal address and I'll get on to it next week. I'm off on an Ag excursion to buy sheep with Year 9 tomorrow!
smiley

Post by smiley »

Buying sheep with Yr9's eh? Could do a comparative study in behaviours while you're at it. :D
Cheers, K 8-)
rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill

Post by rosiegbh »

Hi Rosalie

Do you have McMillan Physics 1 from 2000 edition on or Heinemann Senior Science Preliminary. Any copies would be great we will pay postage.

Rosemary
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Hi Smiley - the kids were actually, I think, one of the best behaved groups I've ever had the pleasure of taking on an excursion! No throwing mud (unlike the year 10/12 farm trip on Tues/Wed) or pushing, tripping, hanging out bus windows (just about every class), climbing trees (yr 11 Bio), talking while the farmer is providing the answers to all the questions on their worksheets, and they actually asked intelligent questions that showed they were listening and were actually interested and wanting to be there! Ok, so there were only 6 kids but I've been with other classes that size or similar and had more trouble than a bigger, normal sized class! I had a great day! Especially as I am friends with the farmer's wife and hadn't seen her since before her last baby was born :)

Rosemary, those physics books sound familiar but I will have to check. Not sure about the other one though. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
smiley

Post by smiley »

Rosalie, PM for you from me re these books.
Cheers, K 8-)
amk
School: St Marys College
Suburb: Gunnedah

Post by amk »

Hi Rosalie,
Our HOD and juniors are after Core Science 1 or 2 if you have any. Willing to collect if you are in this neck of the woods.
One of our Maths teachers gathers all our unwanted texts or all those being discarded and saves them for a shipping container, which he gets an aid agency to ship to Uganda for use in the African schools. As we are awaiting the dreaded lab refurbishments we had a huge toss out last year and felt somewhat better knowing that some further use may be made with old editions and texts no based on syllabus work.
Cheers,
AMK
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Just letting you all know I haven't forgotten about the books... I am working on the list today :) FINALLY!!!! Although it seems I managed to only save the books from the 1960s and not much that would perhaps still be wanted today... I know we had others that would have been wanted by somebody! But I'll put these old ones up anyway, just in case... (maybe I will come across some newer ones in the process as well...)
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

My sincerest apologies to those who wanted books... I still have them, I am still tripping over them, and I still want to send them to you!! It just seems to be one of those jobs that is interrupted EVERY TIME I try to get to it!!! :redcard: I cannot believe it was way back in March that I said I was working on the list and I still haven't got there! :-(

Hopefully after a meeting with the science staff last week I will have less interruptions... and 48 hours notice for pracs (instead of 48 minutes!! Or 48 seconds??)... *sigh* I live in hope... :crazy:
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

I know our school Library is in contact, online, with other school Libraries and they all exchange information about spare books, text books, etc.
Perhaps we can somehow get school Libraries to include the excess science texts in this information?
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

What a great idea!! Not sure I'm brave enough to ask our librarian crew... but maybe!!
presto2
School: Gorokan High School
Suburb: Lakehaven

Post by presto2 »

Hi
I was wondering if any schools had the Jacaranda Physics 2 HSC Course for sale. Our Physics classes have increased in size.
The ISBN No is 9780701638047 this is the second edition.
Thank you Mary [-o<