Reagent bottles

non-commercial, thanks.
coxy
State/Location: NSW

Reagent bottles

Post by coxy »

I have about 5 boxes of used reagent bottles - up to 30 in each box - to give away. I also have lots of glass stoppers for them. If you are ever passing by Port Macquarie, please give me a ring on 6583-6400 and I will get them for you. Mind you, only talk to me... others might think we actually need them! Please note I am saying they are used, all washed, but not new...
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: Reagent bottles

Post by Labbie »

IF you are planning to go to St Marys, take some with you. They do a swap things, help your self on the stage. Perhaps some one near you may be going to st Marys. Think it was Liz last year took some large amble bottles. They went in a flash.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Yes, it was me. Have lots more to bring this year, too - depending on how many of us go from here, and the available room in the car/s. Packed all the excess THS ones last year but couldn't fit them all in to take in one go, so they are waiting. Now with a change of schools I'm busy packing up even more from FMAHS - at this rate I'll be bringing them down for years!!

We also have all the reagent bottles as well, and I spent yesterday boxing the dirty/stained ones to throw in the dumpster. That'll still leave many A4 boxes of clean ones with stoppers, plus drawers full of others ready to use.... In other words, I sympathise, Sue!

Offering them to other schools and/or taking them to St Marys is a great idea, as long as you are comfortable transporting them. Earlier this year we donated a lot of THS's old glassware, both used (lots of flasks) and many boxes of new reagent bottles (how many years have they been gathering dust in stores) to send to New Guinea; maybe there are community groups like Rotary/Lions etc who'd appreciate these beautiful resources. I love the glassware, and hate to see them wasted.

Good luck with it, Sue, and thankyou for asking Chemtalkers to help. With so many schools around the country being refurbished, it's a timely opportunity for us to work together to find a better solution than the tip.
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
coxy

Post by coxy »

Thanks for the advice, Liz. I might see if someone can fit them in a car to take to St. Marys, otherwise the Rotary option would be an idea too. May even do that first, as we have a very active Rotary group up here. I could fill a B-Double truck with stuff! Am sure no-one would notice.
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

'Am sure no-one would notice'

Ain't that the truth!
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi Sue
Bring them to St Mary's as Liz said we put them on the stage and at lunch tell all who want them can take them.
P.S. say hi to gillian for me.
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au