Chemwatch

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
india
State/Location: NSW

Chemwatch

Post by india »

Hello all.

My rant for the day

I am continuing to have big issues with chemwatch, this time when chemicals are moved the volumes change to something a completely random number to 5 decimal places. They are currently working on the issue having replicated it but I've had it. :crazy: The sds' and labels are good but I'm about to ditch the manifest side of things which is a pity because if it worked well it would be great.

My question is have any of the DEC schools made their complaints known to their Health and Safety coordinators? I really cannot see how such an unprofessional program has department backing. :banghead:

Have a great term everyone [-o<
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Re: Chemwatch

Post by linotas »

I have ditched using the manifest option. It is just unworkable. I only use the sds's for some f the really old stuff we have (think Griffin & George vintage) I just go direct to the manufacturers website and download sds's. I am at an independent school and have complained multiple times to the powers that be but it is cheap and has work arounds so they are sticking with it unfortunately.

I do feel your pain.
india

Post by india »

Thanks for the empathy linotas. I feel a little uplifted that others share the same views on chemwatch. I'll be downloading manifests to excel spreadsheets in the near future and watch my stress levels disappear. Wow I feel better already. :)
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

I'm with linotas - ditched the manifest years ago. I gave good arguments to the principal for doing so and he was happy that as long as it complied with legal requirements he was okay with it. SDSs from the manufacturer.
Lorikeet
Job Title: Purveyor of stuff
School: Broughton Anglican College
Suburb: Menangle

Post by Lorikeet »

I also ditched chemwatch - thankfully before I invested any great amount of time on it - we are independent school - I have a comprehensive list in excel - which SDS are hyperlinked to and can also flag when SDS are expired as well as keeping information like last purchased / checked ... Its a rehashed DoE document ... it is on the ASSIST page - here is the link https://assist.asta.edu.au/resource/305 ... an-schools
With thanks Kate :coffee: