Where to get CSIS?

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Where to get CSIS?

Post by RosalieM »

Hello NSW state school labbies! I need your help please! I am in an independent school and we follow CSIS. One of the teachers from here left at the end of last year to work in another independent school as a principal and they are just moving up into starting year 7. He rang me for some advice on labelling chemicals and the colour code system. I suggested he get a hold of the CSIS folders as that would be the best way to make sure they are up to standard (as they get more chemicals they can do it all themselves instead of asking me or the next labbie here who may not even know). So, my question is, can someone please give me a current contact phone number or email address off the department website that I can pass on so they can request a copy? I can't access anything online. All the links I can find are to DET intranet and therefore blocked.

Thanks in advance!!
Narelle01

Re: Where to get CSIS?

Post by Narelle01 »

Is it against copyright to photocopy and post it?
You only need the section with the chemicals listed?
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

The only way to get hold of the nEW CSIS is to pay for it - that is why we don't have access to it.
However, the GHS now dictates the labels for chemicals - and the CSIS the colour coding for the Dots..so you ahve to combine both. The old DET labels in the CSIS package are no longer the correct labels.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Do you know how much it costs? I think they would want the whole thing (both folders). They will need to read up on all the (14 years old!!) information on what can and can't be done, disposal, and all the rest of it so they can get their labs set up correctly from the start.
JudyM

Post by JudyM »

I think ours originally came via the AIS so I think they would be the ones to contact.

www.aisnsw.edu.au