Chemwatch

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
littltesttube
State/Location: NSW

Chemwatch

Post by littltesttube »

Well today is my first day back after the holidays and I am sure everyone else is back into the swing!
Is anyone experiencing problems accessing help chat?? When I press the icon it just disappears :? I just want a Chem Supply SDS. There is no supplier box either! Maybe the holidays were too long :cheesy:
Thanks
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

Re: Chemwatch

Post by mtg »

I have gone with riskassess and I just search through Westlabs site or science supply or just google for SDS's. I gave up on chemwatch.
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

I have Chem Supply listed in my favorites section and just download when I need to update an SDS for a chemical. I don't have to logon to the site. If they don't have an SDS for any obscure chemical that I might still have on my shelf I then do the Google thing.
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

I'm still using it for labels . I have a whole series of user Templates I have created in D-Gen label maker as none of the Chemwatch ones really floated my boat .
Still have to save as PDF and edit , IE subscripts and preferred names etc before Saving to my Data base and printing .
I have found printing labels from D-Gen works better. The search seems to find chems in a variety of molarities now, compared to how it used to work . I still cross reference to Chem supply or Fisher to see if Chem supply is on the same page regarding relevant GHS .

My HT won't pay for Risk assess