Technician recognition

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
smeee
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown
State/Location: NSW

Technician recognition

Post by smeee »

Australia wide Recognition
Science education technicians Australia wide have expressed an interest in having a day/week allocated to celebrate the amazing job that we all do. Many of our technicians saw the on “preproom.org” page, their “Techognition Day” and would like to do the same in Australia, however we are not allowed to use that name.
We would like technicians to suggest a name and let us know if they think we should make it for one day or a week and when you think the best time of the year would be.
Please post your thoughts here
Milo
State/Location: ACT

Re: Technician recognition

Post by Milo »

Hmm how about we extend it to a month? Two months perhaps?

This time of year would work well for me as students have exams and teachers have reports, so I'm not too busy. This means whatever happens I'd have the time to appreciate it.
AnnNos
Job Title: Science Assistant

Post by AnnNos »

Technician Acknowledgement Day - Technowledgement Day or week
tuesday
Job Title: Lab Tech
State/Location: ACT

Post by tuesday »

day or week around the end of term 2, week 10 and that way reports are done and Teachers won't forget.
MissKat
Job Title: Science Technician
School: Cranbrook School
Suburb: Bellevue Hill

Post by MissKat »

Happy #STARweek everyone!
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Or Happy SAO week, well done everyone, SASS
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
bigmack
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

Today we all (SASS) got a little parcel with some chocolates and a smiley note pad and a thank-you note from the principal . There is also a big Thank-you poster in the common-room with pics of all us SASS staff . Someone cares :-(
gotolady

Post by gotolady »

=D> =D> =D>
Happy STAR week and SASS week.
I wasn't sure if anyone else was being spoilt but I sure have been by my faculty ....head teacher mainly although the whole staff are usually pretty well behaved and appreciative.
I hope everyone has a nice rest of the year and are respected and appreciated because we deserve to be.
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

The Librarian gave a small bag of maltesers to each of the SASS staff with a Thank you note.
Nothing at all from the principal or any one else.
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

Nothing here.
We used to be treated like royalty for a few days and end with a big morning tea with us as guests of honour, but under new management: nothing.
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

Sadly no recognition from my teachers this week - I think they think that star week is the week after SASS week like it was last year. I live in hope!!
Lovely recognition of SASS week from our Principal and our wonderful SAM though.
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Post by kimmy »

My guys gave me a cake this morning and a huge thank you, and i was not expecting this so it was a huge surprise. :coffee: :w00t:
I do not really believe in these sort of days/weeks as we are here doing our job, and we get paid to do it. Every day as i leave whatever staff are in the staff room always say Thanks Kim for everything today. Whenever i say oh i did nothing special, they always reply with oh yes you did.
Yes we all go way beyond what is required but that to me is part of working for the Department.
I love my job so i think that every day is a good day, even on our bad days others have it so much worse than what we do.

But Happy STAR week Labbies, and happy SASS week everyone.
Happy Labby

Post by Happy Labby »

What you have written is so true Kimmy I feel exactly the same as what you said I love my job and my science staff always say "thank you" and "we are so lucky to have you", i was very blessed to receive flowers and a beautiful morning tea today from all the science staff and then lunch provided by the principal and our SAM gave us a special little gift everyday this week.
smeee
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown

Post by smeee »

Sadly #STARweek was a non event here despite emailing science staff and Principal the flyer, pinning flyer around their staffroom and leaving stickers on their desks.
My lovely Physics teacher recognised the week and gave me a bottle of Peter Van Gent white port. Oh well - nice to know that one of my team cares.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Yes, nice that someone cares, but only one thats sad.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub: