Important Message from the SLAMN Team

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Narelle01
State/Location: NSW

Important Message from the SLAMN Team

Post by Narelle01 »

Hi All

We would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you for all your years of support. The journey of SLAMN has been a long and successful one because of you all, full of triumphs and achievements.

We have made the sad decision to walk away proud of all that has been accomplished.

It has been a pleasure working with and getting to know all of you throughout the conferences and it is sad to be saying goodbye. We wish you all joy and luck for the future and we encourage you to keep up with networking, learning and the supporting of one another. Continuously remembering that the role of a Science Assistant is a wondrous and rewarding one.

All the very best
The Science Laboratory Assistant Metropolitan Network (SLAMN) Committee.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: Important Message from the SLAMN Team

Post by Labbie »

Is this FAKE a joke, I can not believe what I am reading?????????????????????????????????????????????
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
annettstanley
Job Title: laboratory technician
School: Calrossy
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by annettstanley »

:clap3: Thanks one and all for your hard work.
Annett Stanley
Tamworth
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

WOW this is so so sad, I can not remember a time when we did not have SLAMN. First known as St Marys, it has been going for around 20 years at least. When you read of people, being put into Science, with NO training and SLAMN was the only thing we had, and of course chemtalk. It is just so very sad, I would like to thank you all, and the labbie that started all this, I can not think of her name, she then became a teacher of science, yes you are reading it all correctly. I really can not believe this is going. so so sad.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

Is there going to be any offering in it's place for you guys? I know it was a DoE thing mostly, but always appreciated that it was an inclusive event.
Sad to see it just get wrapped up like that, given how popular it was.
AnnNos
Job Title: Science Assistant

Post by AnnNos »

I missed last year and was looking forward to this year. The conference was such a great networking opportunity and the knowledge and ideas learnt were second to none. Thank you for your organisation and hard work.
Prima
Job Title: Lab assistant

Post by Prima »

It was the most fabulous way to learn specific skills, network, share information and feel supported. Thanks to everyone who helped make it such a success. You must have sacrificed so much of your personal time - much appreciated!
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

Really sad news :console:
Like Ann ,couldn't make last years and was really looking forward to this year. Oh well :cry2:

So appreciative of the hours you girls spent making the event what it was . Pleased to have experienced it and shared time and stories with all the Labbies that came .
rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill

Post by rosiegbh »

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

We are all sad too :cry2: :cry2: but so proud of our achievements and the way SLAMN has contributed to the professional learning
of High School Science Laboratory Assistants.

We will miss the friendship, support, Christmas shopping at CMRI & 1Step1Life stalls, checking out the latest science equipment plus freebies, great food and the Lucky door prizes :clap3: :clap3:

It has been such a privilege to a be part of this wonderful group of talented and dedicated Labbies promoting and supporting
science in our Public, Independent and Catholic Schools.

Rosemary
Wyndham College