Are you all alseep????????? or too HOT

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Are you all alseep????????? or too HOT

Post by Labbie »

Where is everyone today, ? :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :coffee:
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Re: Are you all alseep????????? or too HOT

Post by J »

Sadly, here at work. :cry2: :cry2:
Would like to be just about anywhere else, but here we are.
Counting down till next Tuesday afternoon. We were given the option (as a group) to do the training to make up the time and not work next week but had to go with the majority, so they will be dragging me, kicking and screaming, back to work on Monday and Tuesday, because a couple of SASS staff were too important to not be here for those days!! :redcard: :redcard:
J
vickir

Post by vickir »

Still running around organising pracs, we have 2 days of STEM activities to go. As I said to my HT, looks like I will be cleaning labs next Monday while everyone else having a special x-mas lunch. She has got the students to roughly count the equipment in the labs for me the replace, let me tell you if it goes on the previous years, it's very rough and I will be re-counting.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

I was wondering the same thing. I thought everyone else had bunked out and were enjoying the holidays. I'm here until Tuesday, too. No negotiation on that. Tuesday is our staff lunch, so not such a bad day to be at work. This time next year I will have already started my holidays. I get a bit ripped off next term as I'll need to start early because I'm new and will be moving into new labs and prep room. Christmas will still be a good break.

Speaking of the weather, my HT suggested I run the data logger all day to measure the temperature and humidity. I think it's been cooler than yesterday, but it hasn't gone under 30 deg since 9am. Humidity has been lower than I expected. Interesting exercise. Might suggest that my replacement try the same thing on the really hot days. Good to show some other people just how hot (or cold) it gets in here.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

vickir wrote:Still running around organising pracs, we have 2 days of STEM activities to go. As I said to my HT, looks like I will be cleaning labs next Monday while everyone else having a special x-mas lunch. She has got the students to roughly count the equipment in the labs for me the replace, let me tell you if it goes on the previous years, it's very rough and I will be re-counting.
YUK. That's awful. If they can't get there pracs wrapped up early, I'd be doing that counting first day back next year. Face it, none of the teachers are going to miss lunch!
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

Oh my god it was bloody hot today . Wasn't a labbie today ,I was doing my other job as the Antenna guy . Climbing on roofs and generally baking , thankfully I didn't need to get into any ceiling caverties .Had changed into my third shirt by lunch time . :yuck:
Days like this remind me how lucky I am when I'm a labbie .

Next week I have scored monday and tuesday but seeing as we are pretty well up to date my off sider has suggested I help the GA on those days as he is up to his eyeballs since the gardener got sick .Oh well ... a fair days pay for a fair days work ...... or an insight into PDP :-({|=
Incidentally I am happy to help our GA as he will bend over backwards for the school staff and My Sam is happy too .... LOL just dont put me in the office :crazy: