Performance and Development PDP

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Performance and Development PDP

Post by Labbie »

Seems we are getting ready for PDP Performance & Development Process for Non teaching staff in schools. Boy oh Boy it sounds like fun :crazy: :w00t: We can be moved around, per day,

The Individual takes ownership of their performance and development, What do you all make of it?
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Re: Performance and Development PDP

Post by bigmack »

Jack of all trades ...master of none
tuesday
Job Title: Lab Tech
State/Location: ACT

Post by tuesday »

Well if they put a non science trained person in the labs, there's going to be lot's of accidents and that's not there fault. WH&S is going to love this!!
Thank goodness I don't work in NSW
AnnNos
Job Title: Science Assistant

Post by AnnNos »

You should know that because TAFE courses are soooo expensive Science Assistants don't have to do any courses now. This was from the WHS consultant. All training is on-the-job with Head Teacher and using CSIS.
I've decided that the first course I want to do for my PDP is one on mind-reading or ESP. I think this would be extremely handy.
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Yes Yes YES I love that one.

Gosh my head teacher would never have the time to train a new person. I have trained over 15 people , and the DoE are running course's next year.
Regards Labbie

bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

Had a look at what was on schoolbiz about it . All looked a bit flash and glam. Fancy words to make us feel important . \:D/

There were a couple of videos to watch . Only bit I caught about being moved around was the GA saying something about see what the staff in the office do .
Seriously . I hope this is a joke . What is the point of pushing staff out of their work skill area ?

I have filled in for the GA on a couple of occasions and OK , I survived, but it was not the productive day it would have been had the GA been there .

Before I came to science we had some of the office staff come down to fill in . They absolutely hated it , the teachers hated it ...pointless waste of time .
Put Me or the GA in the office and it would be about as useless . ...I would probably fear better in the home economics ....at least I know what a tea towel and a dishwasher is ....but that's it .

If this bollocks has to be there should at least be a point to it . I think that if we need to have cross training it should at least be in areas we are usefull and comfortable in .

But ideally we are best becoming masters of our own jobs ...that will be the best outcome for all concerned
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Well said Bigmack, I feel most people would agree with you. But the bigger people than us, think Oh so different.
Regards Labbie

Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

BIG MACK This is EXACTLY what is happening at my school. I just found out yesterday that I am being moved to the PRINT room of all places.
Not a happy camper.
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

That's awful Narelle, really these people need to put this all in PLAIN FACTS. We are not asked where we would like to go or learn. We are told. from the video's etc, It seems to say people make a their OWN ideas, but its not. We should to asked NOT TOLD.
Regards Labbie

vickir

Post by vickir »

Did anyone else see the PSA SAS staff member bulletin, apparently school SAM's will be be supervising all SAO positions, which includes SAO's working in Science (NSW DoE schools) with their PDP's. Won't that be interesting?
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

Ha ha do you think they'd have the slightest clue??
My SAM is lovely but even more clueless about Science than I used to be before it became second nature.