ASET conference

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
smeee
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown
State/Location: NSW

ASET conference

Post by smeee »

ASET NSW Inc will be holding their 2 day conference at Sydney Grammar School on Mon/Tues 19/20 September.
As some workshop numbers will be limited get your registration form in early and arrange payment thereafter.
2016 conference flyer.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lfn

Re: ASET conference

Post by lfn »

Thanks smeee. I just wanted to know if anyone went to this conference before? and what is your feedback about that?
MissKat
Job Title: Science Technician
School: Cranbrook School
Suburb: Bellevue Hill

Post by MissKat »

lfn wrote:Thanks smeee. I just wanted to know if anyone went to this conference before? and what is your feedback about that?
I've been twice. It's a great way to meet other labbies and network.

Love the different sessions available. I found the Glass workshop, Optimum Technology, Dissection connection, Logical Interface very helpful. I'm sure I attended more but I've forgotten.

I have learnt so much in the last 3 years! I wish I could go this year, hopefully my replacement can go!
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

ASET Conferences - the BEST. Simple.. go and see how good they are.. the committee are fantastic people and even if it is just to go to meet them and get to know them, then that makes it worthwhile.. you get to meet labtechs from all different schools and they are all different temperaments but - they are all just as crazy as we are - the workshops are great ... oh just GO - just do it...
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

I've been the last two years as well. Definitely found the glass workshop really valuable. I find the ASET conference a little quieter than the DET one in November - so many people at that that it gets a bit overwhelming! I'm not sure if I'll go this year, happy to stick around at work as I've been to both conferences both days for the last two years, AND I got to go to Phillip's safety training course earlier in the year.
annettstanley
Job Title: laboratory technician
School: Calrossy
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by annettstanley »

I would love to be able to go but I don't think I will get there. :-( I am sure it will be great :thumbup:
Annett Stanley
Tamworth
lfn

Post by lfn »

Thanks everyone . The head science told me I can go to only one these conferences this year ASET or SLAMN :-( . As you explained both of them are really helpful .Maybe I could go next year.
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

I would like to go, but I don't think I will get there this year as I am attending the PD day in Dubbo on Monday. Maybe next year??? Looks like it will be great!!!
smeee
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown

Post by smeee »

CANCELLED WORKSHOP -
Due to unforeseen circumstances the workshop "Cosmetic Chemistry" being held as a double workshop on Monday session "A/B" and Tuesday Session "E/F" will not be available.
Please alter your selection to one of the other fantastic choices available.
littltesttube

Post by littltesttube »

Yeah approval given email sent :):)