Welcome back 2015

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Welcome back 2015

Post by Labbie »

Welcome back everyone, we do hope you have had a really great Christmas & New Year. I do love to hear what every one got up to.

My husband and I had a week in the Hunter Valley, I just could not believe the prices of things. But we did enjoy it.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
c.labs4ever
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: St Josephs College
Suburb: Hunters Hill

Re: Welcome back 2015

Post by c.labs4ever »

Hi Labbie,
Happy New Year,
The Hunter sounds like a good idea. We went camping at Easts Beach Kiama with the kids and enjoyed having a beach front for a week.
Recharged and happy to get stuck into this term.
Cheers
Clabs4ever
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

Yes, back in the saddle today :-( We went camping to the Snowys for a few days after Christmas, home for a week and a bit then to the north coast for two weeks for the annual beach holiday. Only got home Sunday, so my head is just not into work today at all! Hoping for a more productive day tomorrow!
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

Hi everyone - happy 2015!!!

I had a pretty good break - all over the place - we stayed in bowral for a few days and did the Illawarra Sky walk, went to Jamberoo (yes i went on the funnel web!) and did some stuff around the house.
My girls went to summer church camp up the coast, so I drove them up and back. We went to the BBL cricket a few times...just stuff! Refreshed and revived.
DawnR
State/Location: VIC

Post by DawnR »

I stayed home! But it was good to do that after a busy 2014, just having a break was what I needed. We came back last Friday (teachers today, kids this Friday) so I am back in work mode now
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi All
Well back too it but not for long only 4 weeks for me :clap3: then LSL till 18th May :clap3: :clap3:
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Sorry your LSL has been cancelled Noona, by me ha ha
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
noona
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Too late already book the 36 night cruise and my 4 night stay in Rome & Malta ( takeing Bob's ashes home :wub: )
I will be in ANZAC Cove on ANZAC Day :clap3:
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
lizzieb

Post by lizzieb »

Oh, wow, Noona, what a momentous trip for you! Best Wishes for those significant experiences.

I did very little, it was WONDERFUL! Can't remember the last time I had such a relaxing break. In recovery mode from carpal tunnel the first few weeks (immersed in a West Wing marathon [great milestone TV series, started 15 years ago, and still relevant] - I watched all 7 seasons!!!). Then down to Newcastle to see Mum.
Then the last 10 days home enjoying the Tamworth Festival. Feeling very refreshed.
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

I also got some lovely text messages in the holidays from Lizzie B :)
And I LOVVVVVVEEEE the west wing....just started watching from series 1 again last night :)

I wish you a great LSL leave Noona xxxx
lizzieb

Post by lizzieb »

Me too, Narelle. We loved watching it as a family, usually twice, just to make sure we 'got' all the references. Wonderful dialogue and humour. My adult kids all still love and watch reruns. They'd given them to me, and I saved them up till now. What a treat to watch it from go to whoa! Will definitely keep revisiting now \:D/
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
mtg
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

Post by mtg »

Quiet one at home, played with grandchildren, walked every morning with mum, gym, gardening and general slothing,, then back with a compulsory full staff PD day yesterday at Forest Edge, a lovey big outdoor camp with lots of activities. The inclusion of all us non-teachers was really wonderful and we all benefitted.