Enquiry

for anything else that doesn't fit.
sampjm
School: Mount Annan Christian College
Suburb: Mount Annan
State/Location: NSW

Enquiry

Post by sampjm »

Wondering who out there uses compacting storage in their store room and what brand it is please. Any advise on using this type of storage. I've seen it in a school somewhere in the greater Sydney region.
Narelle01

Re: Enquiry

Post by Narelle01 »

I have a compactus, and in the 2 other schools I have worked at had them too.
Ours is BROWNBUILT, its great, except something has moved and now it doesn't slide freely, I have to get all the sections to push together to create a straight runner to get it over one spot. (if that makes sense)
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Most of us received this when we had a upgrade, and for the life of me I can not see the name on the compactus, it is wonderful, stores so much of our equipment, power packs, Jnr microscopes lamps etc etc. Bovis were the people that did the upgrade, and may have the name of the company that supplied the compactus.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
gotolady

Post by gotolady »

I have a compactus from Space maker storage systems 1300 300 369 www.abax.com.au. This information is on the outside of the compactus and as it is about 10 years old, I have no idea if the company exists any more. I have had no trouble with it except when someone tries to open the sections really hard and fast and the equipment tends to slide off the shelves slightly.
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

I have both ends of my compactus secured, and only the centre bit slides back and forth. There is less vibration and less risk of things falling off the shelves. It also gives me a place to store posters in the space between the wall and the first part of the compactus.
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

Post by mtg »

We got ours off Ebay. It is a 7 bay Dexion.
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

We got ours from a local branch of Office National. Check the Office National store locater to find your local or nearest branch.
me
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Castle Hill High
Suburb: Castle Hill

Post by me »

We got ours in the government upgrade but I wanted more shelves and found that CSM Office Furniture Solutions were the supplier. I'm very happy with it and the extra shelves.