for anything else that doesn't fit.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor
State/Location: NSW

Re: What are you doing this Holidays

Post by Merilyn1 »

remlap12 wrote:I'll be playing with a new grandson :-) he was due yesterday, but still waiting, waiting........also entertaining the older ones with some day trips, nothing concrete planned! Hopefully the weather is going to stay pleasant!
Have a good break everyone :-)
Congratulations in advance. Prayers that all goes well :)
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

Housework, bookwork for our business, planning a restyle/mini reno on our lounge & dining rooms. Getting back on my bike & riding!
remlap12

Post by remlap12 »

Thanks Merilyn!
He arrived this morning at 4.24am.
Levi Daniel, he is perfect in every way 7lb 8oz and 51cm long!
I'm in love!!!!!!
Regards
remlap12
science support and problem solver :mail:
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

lovely news congs
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

Good news!
remlap12

Post by remlap12 »

Regards
remlap12
science support and problem solver :mail:
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

First off I am going to Mungindi NSW to have a look at a house I may be able to afford to buy.. maybe. I was planning on retiring there because I can rent a house at low rental and afford to live on the pension, but a house is on sale at a little above the value of all my superannuation - so hoping I can get them down in price..
well we will see
Wondering if anyone has links with the school there and knows anything about its Science department. Perhaps they need a part-time labtech
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

Wow, quite a hike but don't blame you for looking for something affordable. My suggestion with small towns is to look at what medical services are available - it can be a long way to a hospital. Everything else you can deal with with patience but medical is something that often needs urgent attention.
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Mungindi - has a hospital! It is on the border between Qld and NSW and the river is the border. The hospital is on Qld side and has airfield right next door for immediate medivac to Brisbane if required, also has a nursing home attached. There is one GP and a pharmacy. two coffee shops - one of which is where the ambos hang out waiting for a call out. There are 2 cops shops , one for each state within 1 km of each other, a dress shop, centrelink office bank office, library, Post office, petrol station, garage, small supermarket all on flat ground, It has a pool centre which has a hot artesian pool as an added luxury. Woolies in Moree home delivers one day a week... the down side... it is often one of the hottest places in summer and coldest apart from the Alps in winter - so need a good fire and efficient air con.. and I LOVE the town - Have been there a few times now. Is a 6 hour train trip from Moree to Newcastle, 8 to Sydney - or an 8 hour drive to Newcastle or 8 to Penrith area in Sydney. There are flights from Moree to Sydney
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

Sounds wonderful! You've really done your homework. How long does it take to drive to Moree? I had friends who lived in Bourke and they thought nothing of driving four hours to Dubbo to do "big" shopping. I know that part of the world fairly well. There is certainly beauty in the harshness and then the calmness of any of the areas around the rivers is a real treat.

Good on you for taking a big step away from what is familiar. I really do hope that you find the right house for you.
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Moree is about 1 hr 20 minutes drive from Mungindi - if you are not a local.. I wont tell you the time it takes for locals to do the trip! The railway used to go all the way into Mungindi but the station was washed away in a flood and never replaced which is a shame..
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

Ahh, so it doesn't quite "have it all" but I bet there is bus running at least occasionally. No, don't want to hear how long it takes the locals, never take road safety for granted.

Let us know how you get on. Travel safe.