Rock supplies

for anything else that doesn't fit.
ri
State/Location: NSW

Rock supplies

Post by ri »

Hi All,
some time ago, I was looking for a current contact number for geological specimen supplies for our school kits. My old contact had retired.
I now have contact details of the new owner and would be pleased to supply anyone by PM if you would like them.
Cheers,
~Robyn
dime

Re: Rock supplies

Post by dime »

I would like the contact details please, as I was thinking of upgrading our stocks. Not that we use them that much, but could use some new ones. Thank You.
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Hi Ri or Dime could I get the contact details for the geological specimen supplies.

Thanks Lorrae
Whspa

Post by Whspa »

I'd like that information, too, please.

Carol
lada

Post by lada »

Hi, Robyn,could I get the info too, please
Lada
dime

Post by dime »

Sorry...I just saw this post.

The name I was given for rock supplies is John Hewitt, 363 Rowbotham Street Toowoombah, 4350, QLD. 074635 0280.

I believe he bought the long standing business of Geological Specimen Supplies, that supplied lots of educational institutions, that was based at Turramurra in NSW.
I can't recall whether I went ahead and ordered samples at the time but I might have.
cheers
Darelle :D
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

If I am allowed to say so I get my rock specimins from Serrata.
They come in packs of 10 are around 3-4cm in size. Cost varies according to the specinim but the bags are generally around $20.
They have over 40 different Minerals, 16 odd igneous, 11 metamoprhic and 12 sedimentary.
sarahj
Job Title: Lab tech
School: Emanuel School
Suburb: Randwick

Post by sarahj »

I just got approval to order a new class set from Serrata. Glad you think they are ok to use! The teachers wanted me to organise the ones we had in a 'more logical' order but this was going to be a frustrating task given we dont have all the rocks they wanted. So I thought new rocks was the best solution :-)
dime

Post by dime »

Serrata used to get their rocks from Geological Specimen Supplies. It is just a matter of either dealing direct or through a retailer like Serrata.
nickykinz
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: St Augustine's College
Suburb: Augustine Heights
State/Location: QLD

Post by nickykinz »

The people who run Dissection Connection have started a rock one called Rockhoundz. Not sure what they have or the details (they do come up on Google) but the way they run Dissection Connection is pretty good so Rockhoundz should be too.
Nicky
;)
St Augustine's College
Augustine Heights, QLD 4300