Junket!!

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie
State/Location: NSW

Re: Junket!!

Post by lizzieb »

Wendy, have you tried the health food shop? They used to stock the powdered form.
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
Ines

Post by Ines »

Hi,

I had no trouble getting junket tablets (Hansells, 12 tablets/box) from Woolworths, they keep them next to the jellies. Regards, Ines
michellen
State/Location: QLD

Post by michellen »

Hi everyone,

This may seem like a stupid question to some but here goes... will old milk work for the junket prac (optimum temperature for enzyme action)? I have left over milk in the fridge from last year (expiry date: Sep-2017).
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC

Post by bigmack »

michellen wrote:Hi everyone,

This may seem like a stupid question to some but here goes... will old milk work for the junket prac (optimum temperature for enzyme action)? I have left over milk in the fridge from last year (expiry date: Sep-2017).
:yuck: It probably won't need the Junket
Samantham

Post by Samantham »

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Merilyn1
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

michellen wrote:Hi everyone,

Is it unopened long life milk? Best to throw it out. Teachers usually prefer fresh milk (not long life) for this prac.
michellen

Post by michellen »

Yup, it's open - left over from a prac. Our fridge is full of stuff that has expired so long ago & we're not encouraged to throw anything out as they may still be useful :yuck:

Thanks for your replies!
Samantham

Post by Samantham »

Same here, except they also tell me to keep the fridge tidy and cleaned out... so for ingredients that I know will expire before the next time we need them I just chuck.
Merilyn1
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

Oh YUK! I make a point of throwing everything out of the fridge at the end of the year that could go off if the power was cut off. The milk is one thing that should have gone. It is only $1 a litre!