Wireless Data Loggers

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
mazcheck
State/Location: NSW

Wireless Data Loggers

Post by mazcheck »

We are looking at purchasing data loggers and accessories that can be used directly with an ipad or computer, cutting out the data logger "box". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Re: Wireless Data Loggers

Post by melsid »

We are looking too, as our data logger's battery packs have died and are no longer available for purchase. Now they work as paperweights :-(
phillip o

Post by phillip o »

NeuLog from Westlab are reasonable. You have to connect a battery and a WiFi box and then the students can download a program and connect up. When you use them connected with a laptop you need to ensure that the laptop doesn't 'sleep' as there are some problems when the computer 'wakes up' and don't recognise the sensor. Easy enough to do.
annettstanley
Job Title: laboratory technician
School: Calrossy
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by annettstanley »

We use the pasco sparkvie data loggers and have found them really easy and there is help at the end of the phone if you have a problem. they can be used with ipad. smart phones and computors.
Annett Stanley
Tamworth
littltesttube

Post by littltesttube »

We also use the Pascoe sensors and they are every intuitive.
bordo

Post by bordo »

We also use the Pascoe equipment and have just purchased the air link to use wirelessly. However I have had the problem of it not recognising the sensors when through the computer via bluetooth. Works fine connected with cable and Bluetooth to iphone and ipad.
just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and found a solution as we are planning to buy more.
rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill

Post by rosiegbh »

We use the Pascoe sensors like Annett and I love the Ph meter. I bought Pascoe's tablets but use my phone as well and the students have downloaded the app on their phones too. Great for senior chemistry and bio & I'm sure we'll use them for Investigating Science.
Just need a bit more money to buy more ph meters....... maybe in next year's budget.
We got ours thru ciderhouse tech.