Spill trays

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Spill trays

Post by linotas »

For those of you who use spill trays in their chemical stores, what do you use and where did you purchase them from?
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi
State/Location: NSW

Re: Spill trays

Post by kimmy »

We have kitty litter trays with liquids in them. I just got these at Crazy Prices most cheap shops have them for a couple of dollars each.

KIMMY
Rowyrow
State/Location: NT

Post by Rowyrow »

yeah I just have a mismatched assortment of containers , except in the corrosives and flammables cabinet where the trays came with the cabinet.
Didee
State/Location: WA

Post by Didee »

I use a mix. Small and large white lab trays for most liquids and all solid dangerous goods chemicals. For my large winchester bottles I use small crates (cheap stores) because bunding must be able to store all liquid from all bottles in the container if the bottles were to break. That is a lot of liquid if you are talking a number of 3L bottles.
jo lindsay

Post by jo lindsay »

Yes we use a range too. Plastic and some porcelain trays for acids and bases conc. Just bought them down the street at the el cheapos. Good hint to put bottles in containers that can hold all their contents if spill. Will have to look at some of our containers thanks! :unsure:
Matt_Coffs

Post by Matt_Coffs »

Does anyone have spills trays / bunding for their whole shelves or do you have individual containers for each chemical? I'm looking at something like this for each shelf. https://bestbunding.com.au/collections/ ... -drip-tray
Teddles
State/Location: VIC

Post by Teddles »

Gratnells trays are great...Polypropylene so good chemical resistance. Available from Westlab.